GHB Dental Care processes and handles personal information in connection with our business. Our principal address is 177 Hemper Lane, Sheffield, S8 7FB. Our contact details can be located at www.ghbdental.co.uk
Our Data Protection Officer is Mr. Sat. Makkar and can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following kinds of information about you:
• Personal details such as your name, date of birth, gender, national insurance number, NHS number, address, telephone number, email address, occupation
• Information about your dental and general health, including clinical records made by dentists and other dental professionals involved with your care and treatment
• X-rays, clinical photographs, digital scans of your mouth and teeth, and study models
• Medical and dental histories
• Treatment plans and consent
• Notes of conversations with you about your care
• Correspondence from other health professionals or institutions involved in your care
• Details of the fees we have charged, payments exemptions (NHS), the amounts you have paid and some payment details
• Feedback and complaints
• CCTV images
• Use of our website, including for example Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
• Statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns – including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page
How we obtain information
You may give us information about you through the following:
• Filling in forms at our practices or on our website.
• Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
• Through the technology you use to access our services
Our website, like many others, uses third party cookies, helping us improve the performance of our website and digital marketing, to provide you with a better user experience.
What are ‘cookies’?
‘Cookies’ are small text files that are stored by the website browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Safari) on your computer or mobile device. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work in a better, more efficient way. They can do this because websites use them to recognise you and remember important information that will make your use of a website more convenient.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser.
How we use your information – the purpose
We may use this information to:
• To provide you with the dental care and treatment that you need, we require up-to-date and accurate information about you.
• We may contact you to conduct patient surveys or to find out if you are happy with the treatment you received for quality control purposes.
• We will seek your preference for how we contact you about your dental care. Our usual methods are SMS, telephone, email or letter.
If we wish to use your information for dental research or dental education, we will discuss this with you and seek your consent. Depending on the purpose and if possible, we will anonymise your information. If this is not possible we will inform you and discuss your options.
We may use your contact details to inform you of products and services available at our practices.
We have CCTV at our practice for the purposes of security and patient and staff safety.
Sharing your information
Your information is normally used only by those working at the practice but there may be instances where we need to share it – for example, including but not limited to:
• Your doctor
• The hospital or community dental services or other health professionals caring for you
• Dental laboratories
• NHS payment authorities
• Private dental schemes of which you are a member
• Debt collection companies
We also share your information with third parties in order to deliver the following services to you:
• Managing new enquiries from our website
• Contacting you to check if you wish to remain a client of ours
• Sending reminders for your dental appointments
• Collecting feedback from our patients
• Managing email communications to our patients
We will only disclose your information on a need-to-know basis and will limit any information that we share to the minimum necessary. We also have third party agreements in place to protect your information.
In certain circumstances or if required by law, we may need to disclose your information to a third party not connected with your health care, including HMRC or other law enforcement or government agencies.
How we will keep your information safe
We employ administrative, electronic and physical security measures to ensure that the information that we collect about you is protected from access by unauthorised persons and protected against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
• Password protection
• Locked cabinets/rooms
• Practice security systems (including CCTV)
• Virus protection
• Secure servers
• Back-up facilities
How long will we keep your information?
We keep your dental records for a minimum of 11 years after the date of your last visit, or until the age of 25, whichever is the longer.
There are a number of other documents that we may collect that have a variety of retention dates, for example the NHS PR form – used to declare payment exemptions – which needs to be kept for 2 years.
You have a right to access the information that we hold about you and to receive a copy. A small administrative charge may be levied on a non-profit basis to cover staff time and resources for such requests. You can make a request by contacting your practice or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You have a right to correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact your practice to request a change in information.
You have a right to request that we delete your personal information, although you should be aware that, for legal reasons, we may be unable to erase certain information (for example, information about your dental treatment). Please contact your practice to make this request.
You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal information for example, sending you reminders for appointments or information about our service. Please contact your practice to make this request.
You have a right to data portability, this could include supplying your information to another dentist. Please contact your practice to make this request.
If you have any concerns about how GHB Dental Care use your information, please discuss it with your dentist or anyone at the practice at your next visit.
You can also seek advice from The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
To arrange an appointment, feel free to call our reception team on 0114 2377642 or pop in during our normal working hours.
You are now welcome to add your details to our adult new patient waiting list. We will then contact you when we are able to organise your New Patient Assessment with us, which costs £65 including any X-rays that are required. If you would like to add your name to this list, please contact us on 0114 2377642.